Thursday, June 01, 2006

Catharsis

Today has been declared Catharsis Day!

I woke up this morning on the verge of tears. I just got overwhelmed with some current issues going on, and needed a purging. As I sat to do my devotions, the tears started coming. Then I looked at what my reading for the day would be. It was Psalm 39. It was a good read, but at the very end these two verses caught my heart:

(vs 12) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peae at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
(vs 13) O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Today I felt like I would be no more if the Lord didn't help me through this. Guess what? Not everything is solved or all better. This is one of those times when I just have to walk by faith and wait on the Lord. It's hard, and waiting often brings tears, but God's mercies are new every morning, right? He'll always make sure that I get through the day. Thank God.

Happy Catharsis Day!

2 comments:

The Female Wit said...

thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed it.

steadybelieving said...

I've been reading this book called "Don't Waste Your Sorrows."
One of my favorite lines from it is this...

"Suffering, triumphantly accepted, slays the self-life, delivers one from self-centeredness, and frees one to love."