Saturday, July 29, 2006

Smack

After I wrote about dodging the issue, I knew that I had to go before the Lord. I don't know why it's been so difficult for me to handle my g-pas situation. I didn't even want to get alone before the Lord about it because that would confirm everything. I know that sounds so ridiculous, but after staying up 'till the wee hours of the morning feeling restless and knowing that I needed God given comfort, I finally let go of my control and came to meet the Lord. I cried and I cried and prayed and read my Bible. It was the most refreshed I've ever felt at 4:40 am. It's still going to be hard because I will miss my g-pa terribly. Watching his physical and mental health both deteriorate is the hard part. I can't stand to think of my grandpa in certain states because he's such a stron willed, independant guy. The Lord is with me and my whole family. He'll see us through. And even when we don't want to acknowledge that certain events around us are falling apart, once we come and meet the Lord, he'll carry us through the rest.

I can even meet with the Lord at 4:40 am. What a God we serve.

No comments: